Young NIGERIAN diaspora students Hauwa Umar Usman, who hails from Kano state, is the daughter of Major-General (ret) Umar Tudunwada Usman, who was Formerly  an Army Chief of Transport and Logistics Before retiring. Reason why we are publishing this because while she was schooling she was diagnosed with dyslexia. Dyslexia a general term for disorders that involve difficulty in learning to read or interpret words, letters, and other symbols, but that do not affect general intelligence. Yet she came out like a rainbow with first class IN aeronautic Engineering.  She did not allow herher situation override her.  It's inspiring . When speaking during an interview she said,  My choice to study Aeronautical Engineering was one out of curiosity for aircrafts at a young age. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into due to how challenging and demanding the male dominated course could be. My Father has been very supportive since day one of my academic journey. He had always taught me to be patient, learn from my mistakes and always do my best, because ‘my best is enough. Despite the odds, I was determined that I would not let myself down and most especially my Father. Because, I knew he had sacrificed so much to make sure I have the best education. During my studies in England, I experienced some challenges, which a British friend noticed where signs of dyslexia and suggested that I take a dyslexia test. I had never heard of dyslexia ever in my life. I contacted the dyslexia team at the University and they were very helpful in explaining the disability and I was told that even the smartest scientist like Albert Einstein had this disability.”
We say a very big congratulations to her.!  You can conquer no matter whatwhat what.  God has not given us what we cannot handle.  You can handle that situation. It's possible.  Never back down.

Axact

Wale Aro

Wale Aro Blog is a blog of...

Post A Comment:

0 comments: